Klein ISD’s Department of Information Technology has provided instructions and information on the most commonly asked questions from our students and families. Continue reading for information on our repair centers and student computer updates.
The Klein ISD Technology Department 1:1 Campus Repair Centers will be open to service devices for on-campus and online students assigned to those campuses Monday-Friday.
On-campus students can visit the repair center within the building during regular school hours.
KLEIN ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL
Online high school students should visit the school from 9am-2pm for curbside assistance.
KLEIN ONLINE INTERMEDIATE
Online intermediate students should visit the school from 9am-3pm for curbside assistance
Students who have already received devices may need repair services. If a device is not functioning, it needs to be repaired at one of the designated locations.
Repairs for elementary devices will transition to two Walk-In Tech Repair Centers where safe social distancing will be followed. These two district centers will support repairs for Klein ISD devices issued to elementary students enrolled in online learning.
HOW DO I KNOW WHERE TO GO?
- Locate your campus below.
- Move to the top of the column for the name of the location to which you are to report.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday-Friday, 10 AM to 6 PM
Klein Forest High School Campus (Main Entrance)
Klein ISD Multipurpose Center, 7500 FM 2920 (Main entrance, Follow the signs)
Please refer to the “Elementary Repair Centers” table below to determine the location you should report to for assistance.
|Klein ISD Multipurpose Center|
|Klein Forest High School|
Computer Update Information
To receive the latest updates for a Klein Laptop/Tablet, students must:
- Take the computer to a Klein ISD Campus.
- Start or restart the computer.
- Connect to the Klein Network: Mercury A.
- Log onto the laptop/tablet fully.
- Restart the computer and let it boot up completely. Do not interrupt the boot up process. The restart may take a few minutes to come back up to the login screen.
- Open Software Center to check for updates that need to be installed.
- Install updates.