Provided are instructions and information on our repair centers and student computer updates.
The Klein ISD Technology Department 1:1 Campus Repair Centers will be open to service devices for on-campus and online students assigned to those campuses Monday-Friday.
On-campus students can visit the repair center within the building during regular school hours.
KLEIN ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL
Online high school students should visit the school from 9am-2pm for curbside assistance.
KLEIN ONLINE INTERMEDIATE
Online intermediate students should visit the school from 9am-3pm for curbside assistance
Elementary students learning online with Klein ISD devices may need repair services. If a device is not functioning, it needs to be repaired at one of the two repair centers conveniently located at Klein Forest High School and the Klein Multipurpose Center.
HOW DO I KNOW WHERE TO GO?
- Locate your campus below.
- Move to the top of the column for the name of the location to which you are to report.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Beginning on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 repair centers will be:
Open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Klein Forest High School Campus (Main Entrance)
Klein ISD Multipurpose Center, 7500 FM 2920 (Main entrance, Follow the signs)
Please refer to the “Elementary Repair Centers” table below to determine the location you should report to for assistance.
|Klein ISD Multipurpose Center|
|Klein Forest High School|
Mobile Internet Hotspot Support for Klein Online Students
Students in any Klein ISD school who have received a mobile internet hotspot for online learning may need support if a hotspot is not functioning correctly. Students in elementary, intermediate, or high school can visit the Elementary Repair Center at the Klein Multipurpose Center or Klein Forest High School.
To exchange for a new hotspot, students must bring:
- Hotspot Device
- Charging Cord
- Device Box
- Documentation provided when the hotspot was issued
Computer Update Information
To receive the latest updates for a Klein Laptop/Tablet, students must:
- Take the computer to a Klein ISD Campus.
- Start or restart the computer.
- Connect to the Klein Network: Mercury A.
- Log onto the laptop/tablet fully.
- Restart the computer and let it boot up completely. Do not interrupt the boot up process. The restart may take a few minutes to come back up to the login screen.
- Open Software Center to check for updates that need to be installed.
- Install updates.