How to install Zoom Camera to a Chromebook:
The Zoom Client is available for students to add as an extension from the Chrome Web Store. The Chromebook does not have to be on/near a campus to install this extension.
Note: Be sure to select the Zoom app offered by Zoom.us.
On a Chromebook you can add it at this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zoom/hmbjbjdpkobdjplfobhljndfdfdipjhg
How to install Zoom Camera to Klein-issued Laptops/Tablets:
The Zoom Client is available for students to download from the Klein Software Center once students have completed the updates per the instructions (see Computer Updates).
Note: Software from the Software Center can only be installed when on the Klein Network, Mercury A. Therefore, the Zoom Client must be installed while still on the campus.
After the computer is updated you have two options for accessing Zoom:
- Click on a Zoom meeting link.
- When the client downloads, proceed with the client installation.
- You should be presented with the client performing the install.
Note: If you get the prompt “The installation is blocked by Administrator,” then the restriction has not been lifted and you will need to perform the computer updates again.
- Open Software Center and search for “Zoom.”
- Click on “Zoom Client” and then click “Install.”
- Wait for the installation to finish.
Now, when you click on a zoom meeting link moving forward, you can use the Zoom client to connect to your meetings.