To receive the latest updates for a Klein Laptop/Tablet, students must:
- Take the computer to a Klein ISD Campus.
- Start or restart the computer.
- Connect to the Klein Network: Mercury A.
- Log onto the laptop/tablet fully.
- Restart the computer and let it boot up completely. Do not interrupt the boot up process. The restart may take a few minutes to come back up to the login screen.
- Open Software Center to check for updates that need to be installed.
7. Install updates.
This update process can take up to 15 minutes or more and must be done near the school (i.e. the parking lot) where wireless signal strength is optimal.