We know you have questions as to what a day in the life of Klein Online might look like. Klein Online will be very different in design from the At-Home Learning developed in March 2020. In Klein Online, educators will personalize learning experiences and meet students’ unique needs, just as they would if they were face-to-face with learners in a school building.
- Teachers will create daily lessons and meet with students live online to teach, along with independent learning time structured by the teachers.
- Students will be expected to be engaged daily as evidenced by access to Schoology, daily progress via student-teacher interaction, and completion of assignments.
- Students will be required to attend live lessons at specific times, communicated by individual teachers according to grade level and course. Attendance will be taken daily by each teacher.
- Daily learning schedules will be provided and will inform students and families to know what to expect and plan accordingly in order to meet learning and attendance expectations.
- Grading for all courses will follow the same grading policy as the courses in the face-to-face model. According to TEA guidance, the grading policies for remote instruction must be consistent with the District’s grading policies for on-campus assignments.
- Klein ISD is required to provide the same curriculum, the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), to our Klein Online students. The same level of rigorous instruction will be provided. Assignments and assessments may look different due to the nature of online learning; however, learning expectations and mastering the TEKS is the same for both Klein Online and Klein On-Campus.
- Schoology is the designated learning platform that all K-12 students will use to connect to their courses for Klein Online.
What will Klein Online look like?
To help visualize this learning environment, we have developed videos of what a day in the life of Klein Online might look like for elementary and secondary students. Daily learning schedules for students will be provided in future communications from your campus prior to the start of school.